Sunday, July 1, 2012

Saying goodbye is hard to do...

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.  These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.  Isaiah 42:16


This was a perfect morning for our last time to worship as part of the UCC body--one service, baptisms, communion.  We were blessed!  Followed by a great dinner together and time to say goodbye to friends.  We are taking 40 years of history with us and I know it will sustain us in the future.  Also, it is so comforting to know that while we may no longer be a part of the local UCC body, we are always and forever part of Christ's body together.  Now that's cool!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this, and I am pretty sure you will love it. Who knows where all it may go, besides following you around the USA. I am thinking of you. The goodbyes must be hard, but with all our technology the world is far more connected than it was 40 years ago! Happy " trails."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, I will enter you right away on my Blog Roll.

    ReplyDelete