Thursday, July 26, 2012

Quick Update

We have been in our new home a little over two weeks.  Many boxes are unpacked and many more to go.  I am gradually finding homes for our things and my box of "things to get rid of" is getting fuller.  In fact I started with a small box and now have 2 large ones full.  Hope to get rid of more yet.  I keep asking myself, when was the last time I used this?  A little more emotionally challenging is getting rid of things that belonged to my mother that I no longer use, nor do other family members want them.  Our motto has become "It has served its purpose."
One trip back to Upland for both of us and now Chuck is on a quick trip to Minnesota taking a trailer full of things for our MN family.  He is completing the sorting task in his shop and storage sheds and has been working steadily here through his To Do list.  I keep thinking of things for him to do, so he hasn't been able to unpack much.
It has been incredibly wonderful for us to have friends from Upland stop by and be able to see our home.  It puts things in context for them and as one friend said, "It helps me picture you when I pray for you."  Thanks, Coyote!  Others spent the day with us, helping set things up here, as well.  We are SO grateful for this forging of new links with long-time friends (notice I didn't say "old" friends).
Next up is a visit to MN, where I am sincerely hoping it will start to cool off.  This will be our first voyage with the 5th wheel, and we will be using the time there to get ready for the big winter excursion to Arizona!  Right now we plan to take the RV south at the end of October and be in AZ from January through late March.  We will be in Upland again to pick up the 5th wheel, so I will send emails about the date.
I know this was long, but wanted to give an overview update.  Will try to post more often, so I can post smaller stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment