Thursday, August 9, 2012

No TV


Basic cable is included in our monthly condo fees, but I just got around to calling the cable company this week.  They scheduled a technician to come on Wednesday afternoon  to set things up.  On Tuesday evening I got a recorded reminder call, then Wednesday morning got another recorded call asking me to give feedback on how the visit went.  What visit???  Not only did the call come in before the scheduled visit, but no one ever showed up for the appointment.  Back on the phone again.  This time the customer service rep was even harder understand, and I really think it was her first day on the job.  She never could quite pull up the information she needed about my account.  And during a 25 minute call, I swear I was on hold for 20 of those minutes.  She kept asking for my patience and to “bear with her.”   I told her I expected that the charges would be reduced because I was stood up.  Yes, and someone will be here on Monday afternoon.  Note to file…if offered the opportunity to provide feedback on a customer service “experience,” never turn it down.  I would give a lot to be able to tell someone about that conversation.  Bottom line?  I haven’t missed having TV at all and don’t really care if it doesn’t get hooked up.  The Cubs have totally tanked, so I haven’t been watching them and I would probably even survive without football season this year.  After all, the Colts aren’t the same, Peyton is a Bronco (I think I will probably be a Broncos fan this year), and while I have always liked Tim Tebow, I will not become a Jets fan…ever, even for him.  I’ll still pray for him, but not root for his team.  Now the internet is a totally different story.  I would have serious problems coping without that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ch and B!
    Just catching up with your blog now.
    We did not have TV those 7 months at Joanne's and didn't really miss it. Too busy, I guess. But since moving back home we haven't watched much either. Decided not to get cable. Mike made an antenna and we watch Hulu+. We discovered and have enjoyed two Masterpiece shows--Downton Abbey and Doc Martin. Have you watched them?

    ReplyDelete