Monday, February 18, 2013

Random Certainties

Having birthdays and saying goodbye to loved ones are conducive to reflective thoughts so here are a few of mine (with illustrations).  Yes, it's a long post, mostly pictures though...but it's my blog so I get to do what I want, right??

On saying goodbye...We never know when our last conversation with someone will be until we are looking back.  It does give us something to look forward to, though...an eternity of conversation, relationships, and I hope tea drinking.  Also reminds me that Time is a valuable commodity, so spend it on what is important.  Celebrating the life of my sweet aunt this past weekend brings it into sharp focus.

2009 visit
A few steps away from my aunt and uncle's grave...
Don't know if or when I will visit my parents' grave again.  But that's ok, they are not here anyway!

On birthdays...instead of buying or making birthday cards for my DH I have begun making a scrapbook page for him in honor of his day.  It just magnifies the enjoyment for both of us...I get the fun of creating something I know he will like, we get greater value from the money spent because we will both enjoy looking at it in future and not just for a moment, and since he likes to keep things, this already has an assigned place for storage--the scrapbook album.  This year's page was super easy because I found the perfect piece of patterned paper to use.



On friends...I miss you.  and not just the ones pictured here.



On the importance of laughter...keep doing it.  And it's always better with people you love...  And if you find the same things funny...



And finally...beauty is a gift to be found/created/shared...all around us, small or large.  If you recognize the significance of this photo beyond the beauty of flowers and table, it means I am thinking about you today.


2 comments:

  1. love, Love, LOVE this entry. :) Thanks for the Friday Friends page...love Mark's sign, & love everything about the still life...the BLUE hydrangea, the little bird, and the blue coffee cup. Maybe when we have our coffee shop we should call it The Blue Coffee Cup or the Blue Cup, or Coffee, Books, Bread, and Friends! Ha!

    Is there a poem that contains the phrase "come up on my porch and sit a spell...." That's what we'll do in Heaven! Maybe we'll even get a chance while we are still on earth! :)

    Much love, dear friend - Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Barb, and I'm so glad we could share mom's day together. Thank you for coming. That's a great picture of her. And yes, I get the last photo. BTW this is national cousin's day--did you know there was such a thing? Love to you!

    Oh and that's a great idea for your DH. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete